How we work
The Thornborough and Coombs Woodlands Enterprise Trust is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (Charity Registration Number 1163451). Its Objects are:
- The preservation and conservation of the local green open space that is known as Thornborough Community Woodland in Buckinghamshire for its biodiversity and geological and archaeological features for the public benefit.
- In the interests of social welfare to maintain and improve the local green open space, for the benefit of the inhabitants of the area with the object of improving their conditions of life.
- The advancement of education for the public benefit in particular in the subjects of the biodiversity and features of the local green open space and also the archaeological features in the space.
We have a Board currently comprising 5 members:
David Parker (Chair)
International man of mystery and Thornborough resident for 20 years David has held a number of roles in the voluntary and sporting sectors, he can be found in the woods most days.
Mary Taylor (Vice Chair)
A retired educator, Mary spent her professional career in senior teaching positions across Beds, Herts and Bucks; specialising in roles working across local authorities with young people with special educational needs. A keen gardener and active resident of Thornborough, Mary’s community work includes sitting as a Councillor on Thornborough Parish Council and volunteering for Willen Hospice.
Andy is probably the longest serving landlord in North Bucks, as proprietor of The Two Brewers in Thornborough Andy is inevitably and willingly involved in all aspects of village life from the cricket team to helping to keep Thornborough looking great and also sitting as a Councillor on Thornborough Parish Council.
The Reverend Rupert Bursell
Rupert is a QC and retired Senior Circuit Judge as well as an Anglican clergyman. A resident of Thornborough, he is a keen dog walker and lover of the Thornborough Community Woodlands.
Sarah is an accountant who has been working in public practice for 25 years. A director of a chartered accountant company in Milton Keynes, she takes a hands on approach to business and financial management. Sarah has lived in Thornborough for 30 years and has two dogs which she regularly walks around the woodlands.
How we are funded
We are entirely funded by your donations and our own fundraising. An idea of our annual running costs are below.
Equipment Repairs and Maintenance £2,345.00
Clothing and Safety equipment £ 225.00
Electricity £ 150.00
Woodlands Repairs and Maintenance £1,346.00
Dog Waste Bins £ 425.00
Admin and Website £ 300.00
Thats about £600 per month, we also rely on grant aid for capital expenditure on machinary and woodland. We work hard to keep our costs as low as possible but we always need new friends. If you would like to join us please click on Be a Friend in the main menu and follow the links provided to our secure payment portal Local Giving. Remember to add Gift Aid as that increases your gift by 25%.
How we manage your data
Should you decide to join us data protection rules require us to obtain your specific permission to hold some basic data on you and to store it securely. We will do this as part of the joining process. You may change your mind and cancel at any time by emailing the Secretary at which point we will destroy your records in accordance with the Law.
Our data policy is as follows.
- TACWET will hold your name, address, telephone and email detail
- We will also hold your banking details if you have a standing order in favour of the Trust.
- Your information will be held by the Secretary in electronic form at the Trust’s registered address and also in hard copy.
- This information will only be used to communicate with you about matters appertaining to the Woodland Trust and its activities.
- Your information will not be shared with any other third party for any reason without your specific permission