Saint Mary's church is a Grade 2* listed building with substantial herringbone stone work, which dates the building as being of an early Norman construction, and from around C12 or C13 in origin. The tower and porch where constructed in the C15, with much restoration work being carried out during the 18th and 19th centuries.
Between the Nave and the chancel a memorial screen was erected in the late 1940's as a memorial to the young men of the village who serviced for their country during the Second World War. The tower contains a set of six steel bells that were installed in the late 20th century, placing the church in a very small minority of churches within the country with such a peal of bells.
The village itself is mentioned in Doomsday, with the church now forming a central part of the village both in position and its history.
Besides Weddings, Baptisms and Funerals, services are held regularly in the church (see rota). There is also a close relationship with the Chapel.
Every second Saturday of the month a very popular Porch Sale is held selling home-made produce, jams and chutneys. Free tea and coffee and a warm welcome is available to all visitors.
For more information, please visit the Buckingham Benefice website.