We hope that competitors will seek sponsorship for their runs. It's a great way of raising money for a good cause, and gives you an incentive for all that training.
Please click here to obtain a sponsorship form.
A few tips for raising sponsorship:
- Set the level of sponsorship - get the first person who sponsors you to give as much as possible. Often subsequent sponsors will match that amount.
- Make the most of work colleagues - ask colleagues, suppliers and clients to support you. Ask them by person, by phone or email, whichever you feel most comfortable with.
- Ask your employer to sponsor you - or to match the sponsorship money you raise.
- Carry your sponsorship form with you at all times - so you're always prepared to add a new sponsor. It's amazing how often you can slip your challenge into conversations. If people you don't know sponsor you, try and collect their money there and then.
- Circulate sponsor forms - to friends and family for them to fill with their contacts.
- Gift Aid - ask your sponsors whether they are taxpayers and can tick the box for gift aid. It's worth 25p extra for every £1 you are sponsored.
- Finally - KEEP ON GOING. Remember when approaching supporters it's your enthusiasm and commitment that will make all the difference.