NOTICE - Your Council's finances for 2018/19 have successfully survived their mandatory external audit. Links to the relevant statutory documentation are posted to the public domain on 26th September 2019 and can be accessed under the Finances tab.
NOTICE - RESOLUTION to BORROW
- At the Grendon Underwood Parish Council meeting of 25th June 2019, it was RESOLVED to seek the approval of the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities & Local Government to apply for a PWLB loan of £5105 over the borrowing term of 5 years to upgrade all parish footpath lights from obsolete SOX technology to current LED technology. The annual loan repayments will come to around £1000.
- This is recorded in the draft minutes of the meeting, on the Meeting Information page of this site, and you can view the project overview/ Report to Council here.
- It is not intended to increase the council tax precept for the purpose of the loan repayments.
- If you have any views or opinions you wish to feed in, please contact the parish council direct using the form on the Councillors page of this web site.
- The Council's application to the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities & Local Government for approval to apply for a PWLB loan of £5105 over the borrowing term of 5 years to upgrade all parish footpath lights from obsolete SOX technology to current LED technology, previously advised here, has been granted. The contractor is currently estimating a start date in late-October . We will keep you updated.
Councils' Accounts: A Summary of Public Rights
The basic position
By law any interested person has the right to inspect a council's/meetings accounts. If you are entitled and registered to vote in local council elections then you (or your representative) have additional rights to ask the appointed auditor questions about the council's accounts or object to an item of accounts contained within them.
Notice of Appointment of Date for the Exercise of Public Rights - 17th June to 26th July 2019
Annual Governance & Accountability Return 2018/19 Part 3; Section 3 - External Auditor Report & Certificate - posted 26th September 2019
Annual Governance & Accountability Return for year ended 31 March 2019 - Notice of Conclusion of Audit - posted 26th September 2019
NON-CURRENT FINANCIAL DATA can be seen on the FINANCIAL ARCHIVE page