Planning Applications


Residents may not be aware that the Parish Council is a consultee on planning application for development within the Parish boundaries. Each planning application submitted relating to this parish must be referred to the Parish Council who are entitled to make representation.

How does this work for Edgcott?

Aylesbury Vale District (AVDC) notify the Clerk of the Council of each application received. The Clerk normally has 21 days to deal with the matter.

How does the Clerk deal with the application?

For routine applications such as extensions and conservatories, under delegated authority, the Clerk sends the application notice to members of the Council.  The members contact the Clerk  to say whether they believe there to be any reason for making comment.

If there is or for larger applications or if a resident has notifide the Council that they object to the application, the item is entered onto the agenda for the next Council meeting for the full Council to consider.

If it is felt that representation should be made the Clerk will then contact AVDC with the Council views

What happens then?

AVDC take into account the views of the Parish Council before making a final decision. The Parish Council are consultees, they do not make the final decision.

How can you be involved?

As a resident you can make representation directly to both AVDC and the Parish Council.

At Parish Council level your views will be considered before any representation is made on behalf of the Council.

At AVDC level your views will be considered before their decision is made.