2010 in Review
Areas of involvement by our group during 2010 included the following:
· We met Tejesh Mistry the local organiser of CTC Bike Club
· We met Lucie Taylor the Sustrans Bike It Officer
· We discussed a proposal for cycle lanes at Walton Gyratory
· We set up an Immobitag Affiliate Account and continued to sell Immobitags directly
· Peter designed new routes for the Tour de Vale
· Peter attended the launch of Bike Club in Aylesbury
· Peter took Tejesh and Lucie on the Rim Ride in April.
· Peter acted as referee for Jill’s successful Bike Club application at St Mary’s and Bearbrook Schools
· Paul Rushton of Wheelpower came to our February meeting to discuss the Tour de Vale
· Laura Ferguson of Get Wendover Cycling explained the Sheila McKechnie Award and her plans
· Peter had a Green Spaces meeting with AVDC and Bucks CC to explain the Aylesbury Rim
· Peter had a conversation with the chairman of NHS Spokes who suggested a BUG at SMH
· We initiated the removal of vandalised bikes from the town centre cycle stands
· We produced a local cycling leaflet which was funded by Cycle Aylesbury
· We led four “Get Fit for the Tour de Vale Rides” in May.
· Peter and Lee Stevens were interviewed on “You & Yours” on Radio 4 on 8th April about the CDT
· The first ES cycling programme is being successfully delivered by Jill and administered by Jenny.
· The Get Fit rides were publicised in the Bucks Herald
· There has been lots of progress by Cycle Aylesbury on Gemstone routes on which we commented -
Contraflow cycle lane in Walton Street
Jet Way extension to Stoke Mandeville school
Emerald Way extension to Haydon Hill including a section of the Rim Ride
Topaz Way from Hawkslade to the town centre via Walton Court and Southcourt
Pebble Way extension into Stone
Sapphire Way extension along Cambridge Street to the town centre
· We had evening rides in June, July and August.
· Members put up reflective stickers provided by Cycle Aylesbury, on the Amber, Pebble, Pearl and Jet Way cycle routes.
· On our behalf, Simon Glover made enquiries about cycle access through the Gatehouse Quarter
· The CTC Bike Club run by Jill Henderson at Bearbrook and St Mary’s Schools made a promising start
· We submitted a response to the Buckinghamshire Network Hierarchy consultation.
· Peter submitted comments on behalf of the group to the Bucks Debate.
· Peter wrote to BCC again about the Aylesbury in Bloom planters -
we have now received a Safety Audit document regarding this to consider
· CTC Bike Club seems to have made a very good start thanks to Tejesh Mistry.
· We complained about poor wheel gripper cycle parking at The Gateway offices and AVDC agreed to
replace them with Sheffield stands.
· Aylesbury Cycling Campaign received a SAVE Award on November 22nd!