Achievements to Date
VOPAG's Achievements so far......
- An information point in Budgens every other month, when we also take up concerns raised by members of the public with the appropriate authorities (the next one is 10 December, and the dates for 2010 are: 11th February, 8th April, 10th June, 12th August, 14th October and 9th December. All from 10am to 12 noon)
- An agreement with Paradigm Housing that 7 units at Ellwood House will be for the elderly of Chalfont St Peter in perpetuity (the rest are for anyone on their housing list)
- We organised a petition about the closure of the local hospital.
- We organised two public meetings with the PCT to ascertain the views of the elderly about the future of the hospital.
- We wrote letters and lobbied with others to prevent the closure of Chalfont Common Post Office.
- We lobbied about the dangerous state of pavements and produced a map showing the worst ones. Our members continue to report potholes in the roads.
- We are part of the Village Appraisal, and have contributed VOPAG's views to the Village Design Statement.
- We lobby the District and Parish Council about our members' concerns, e.g. dangerous parking, street lighting, blocked pavements by cars and overhanging branches.
- We have raised money to replace stiles with gates on footpaths with the help of Simply Walk.
- We were instrumental in encouraging Simply Walk to start walks each Friday in the village.
- We joined in the Misbourne clearance days with other village groups.
- We have been involved in a number of inter-generational projects with the local schools and youth club, and have enjoyed Christmas entertainments given by the Junior School and also the Community College. We hold monthly meetings when we have speakers on topics of concern to our members.