Thornborough Parish has many active clubs, associations and organisations.
Thornborough and Nash Pre-School is a small, friendly village Pre-school where children aged between two and four years can explore and play in a nurturing, safe and fun environment. Families from Thornborough and the surrounding towns and villages are welcomed. Open Monday - Friday 9 - 3 during term time.
A small friendly village school for children aged four to seven years, situated in the heart of the village of Thornborough overlooking the village green.
Thornborough Sports & Social Club was founded in 1960. In 2002, Bernard Garbe interviewed Ted Clarke about the formation of the club. This interview was transcribed and can be read at this link: The Start of the Thornborough Sports Club.
The chapel has a central location in the village overlooking the green. It has been extended and has a large traditional worship area, lounge, kitchen and disabled toilets.
Our Grade II listed church building needs help! Please visit our Facebook page to find out more about current fundraising efforts. You can also support St Mary's and help them raise money simply by shopping online as you normally would via our EasyFundraising page.
The Thornborough & Thornton Women's Institute meets on the first Wednesday of every month at 7:30pm in the Village Hall. All are welcome.
A video celebrating 80 years of the Thornborough & Thornton WI is available below:
Programme of events for 2016 are:
- 3rd February Puzzle Centre. Alex Stanyer
- 2nd March Masquerade, Christine Farmer
- 6th April Cake decorating, Gill Goodger
- 4th May Resolutions
- 1st June Autumn bird migration in Istanbul, Andy Harding
- 6th July Advanced motoring, Alan Dalley
- 3rd August Annual garden meeting Hosted by TBA
- 7th September Scottish dancing, Sarah Kelsall-Patel
- 5th October Back to nature, Tove Biagi & Clementine Blandin
- 2nd November Annual Thornborough & Thornton WI Meeting
- 7th December U3A Bell Ringers