Annual General Meeting 2017
Princes Risborough Area Heritage Society
President: R. A. Kidd, Esq.
The Annual General Meeting of the Society will be held on Tuesday 11th April 2017 at Princes Risborough Baptist Church, 42 Bell Street, commencing at 7.30 p.m.
Minutes of the AGM held on Tuesday 14th April 2015
- There was an excellent attendance, with no apologies for absence.
- The Minutes of the AGM held on 8th April 2014 were accepted on the proposal of Dr.. J. M. Dinwoodie, seconded by Mrs. J. Kennedy, there being no matters arising.
- Chairman's Report:
The Chairman, Chris Kingham, was glad to be able to keep his report short, given the flourishing state of the Society, which he described as a happy family. In thanking all members and the committee for their support he made particular mention of the contribution made by the Society’s vice-President, Mr. Rex Kidd, whose knowledge and support was invaluable. He also congratulated Mike Payne on once again arranging an excellent programme of talks and thanked Mrs. Angie Payne and others for the provision refreshments, a task that had now been undertaken by co-opted committee member Mrs. Anne White.
In conclusion, he wondered whether there might be a place for small sub-groups within the Society to take on the tasks of recording those aspects of local heritage that were particularly threatened by current development proposals put forward by the District Council.
- Treasurer's Report:
The Hon. Treasurer, Mrs. C. Ballard, had prepared the annual statement of account, which had been examined by local Chartered Accountant Mr. S. E. Beale. Although Speakers’ fees and the cost of hire of the hall had increased the Society's affairs continued in good order and reserves stood at £3,722 as against 3,635 in April 2014. At this point no general increase in subscriptions was needed, subject to a point to be raised under any other business.
The Hon. Secretary drew attention to a new item of expenditure, a subscription to the on-line British Newspaper Archive. This had been taken out in the Chairman’s name and it was noted that the cost was more than covered by his contribution to funds by way of fees for walks and talks he had undertaken.
Acceptance of the accounts was proposed by Mrs. J. Bunting, seconded by Mr. A. Edwards and agreed unanimously.
- Election of Officers and other Committee Members
As there were no nominations for new members of the committee and all the existing Officers and other committee members elected at the last AGM were willing to continue, their re-election was approved by acclamation, as was the formal election of Mrs. Anne White, who had been co-opted to the committee in October 2014.
- Other Business
- It was agreed that in future meetings would start at 7.30p.m.
- Referring back to the accounts the Hon. Secretary commented that the distinction between single and joint membership had been established to acknowledge reduced postal costs to joint households. With the advent of email these costs were now insignificant and it no longer seemed fair. It was agreed that in future members would pay an individual subscription, currently £8 p.a.
- The AGM closed at 8.30 p.m. and was followed by a showing of old photos and pictures, presented by Mike Payne and Chris Kingham.
- Minutes of the last meeting
- Matters arising
- Chairman’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report (copies of the accounts will be available at the meeting)
- Election of Officers and Committee
The present Officers and Committee offer themselves for re-election:
Chairman: Chris Kingham
Hon Secretary: Sandy Macfarlane
Hon.Treasurer: Mrs. C. Ballard
Committee Members: Mrs. T. van Dam, Mr. H. Mullens, Mr. M. Hopkins,
Mr. M. Payne, Mrs. A. White
Alternative nominations for the committee should be sent with names of the proposer and seconder and the agreement of the nominee, to reach the Hon. Secretary* by Tuesday 9th April.
- Any other business:
As with nominations for the committee, other items under this heading should be notified to the Hon. Secretary* by Tuesday 9th April
* Nominations by post to 11 Wycombe Road, Princes Risborough HP27 0EE, or by e-mail to email@example.com
Minutes of the AGM held on Tuesday th April 2016