About the Penn Seven
The Penn Seven is an accurately measured* 7 mile road race through the villages of Penn, Tylers Green and Hazlemere. The Start and Finish are on Tylers Green Common, post code HP10 8LA.
The race will take place at 11am on Sunday 18th June 2017. The course is almost entirely on road, and is an undulating route through countryside and some residential areas. The course is not considered suitable for wheelchair competitors.
All participants must be aged 16 or over on 18th June. Those under age 18 will require the permission of their parent or guardian.
All competitors will receive a medal. In addition, the following winners trophies will be awarded:
- first man and first woman
- first vets (over 40)
- first supervets (over 60)
- first team (click here for details)
- first Penn or Tylers Green resident
The entry fee is £15 in advance (£12 if you are registered with UK Athletics), £20 on the day. Please do enter in advance. As well as being less expensive, it does make life so much easier for us on race day. More details on how to pre-enter here.
The race is run on public roads, almost all of which will be open to traffic. The course will be marshaled, but you are responsible for your own safety.
The use of MP3 players will not be permitted, to ensure that you are aware of traffic around you and can hear the requests of marshals. Please obey this rule. Anyone seen wearing headphones risks being disqualified. We regret having to impose this restriction but it is for your own safety and that of your fellow runners.
In addition, the following supporting races will also take place:
- The Super Fun Run, which is a little over 3 miles, will take place at 2:30pm.
- Mini-Marathons for 5, 6 and 7 year olds will also take place on Tylers Green Common, from about 12:30. Entry for the mini-marathons is only available on the day. All participants will receive a medal.