The Green & The Crown with St James Church in view The Swan
LATEST NEWS 28/09/2017
AVDC has just published the Presubmission VALP
A brief summary of how it affects Great Horwood
A calculated total of 27,400 new homes for the whole of Aylesbury Vale is expected to be needed in the plan period to 2033.
This is made up of:
19,400 homes to meet the needs of Aylesbury Vale District
2,250 homes to meet the needs of Wycombe District
5,750 homes to meet the needs of Chiltern/South Bucks Districts
However the actual plan is for 28830 in order to provide a 5% buffer of which 14781 are already accounted for by completions and commitments 2013-17
The VALP does not currently plan for a new settlement at Haddenham or Winslow. However, there will need to be an early review of the plan in the light of (1) decisions about the Oxford-Cambridge Expressway and (2) modifications to the method of calculating housing need being proposed by the Government.
Winslow will accommodate growth of 1,166 new homes, linked with the development of East-West Rail and the new railway station and 585 of these are proposed over and above the current Winslow Neighbourhood Plan on a site to the East of Great Horwood Road.
Land adjacent to Milton Keynes receives an additional allocation in the plan of 1855 at Salden Chase which already has Outline Planning consent making a revised total of 2,212.
The earlier proposal to build an urban extension of Milton Keynes at Whaddon has now been abandoned.
Great Horwood has no additional allocations in the VALP which contains a total of 74 houses for the parish and thanks to David Saunders we believe that this total is arrived at as follow:
30 - Land South of Little Horwood Road
15 – Land North of Little Horwood Road
14 – Land at Nash Road
7 – Horwood Mill
4 – completions
2 – commitments
Plus Abbey Farm – change of use to residential.
Spring Cottage – certificate of lawful use for the little annexe.
- Outline planning permission was granted for the Land South of Little Horwood Road planning application 16/03538/AOP on 30th August 2017. Up to 30 houses could be built on the site, 15 in line with the Neighbourhood Plan plus 15 on the reserve site as required by AVDC.
- Link to our Neighbourhood Plan click here
- The good news for the village is that we envisage 10 affordable homes (7 for rent and 3 shared ownership) being provided. Once the site is complete, Great Horwood could receive up to £100,000 which will be used to provide a "LAP" - local area of play - for the Land North of Little Horwood Rd site and money to refurbish the Village Hall.
- Planning applications to increase the size of Nash Park have been received by AVDC.
- We currently have a large number of planning applications that we are having to respond to. Click here to see the latest planning report.
- The next Parish Council Meeting will be held on Monday 9th October 2017 at 7.30pm in the Village Hall. All are welcome to attend. (See Minutes of Meetings/Parish Council for the previous Minutes).
The Parish Council is awarding grants to worthy causes in the village (see below for further information and application form). Please make your application by 31st October 2017. Succesasful applicants will be advised after the November PC meeting and cheques awarded at the December PC meeting.
Building Community Resiliance. See below for more details.
* most recently added item
- Aylesbury Vale Lottery
- Set up to help community projects
- Check their website - www.valelottery.co.uk/about-us
- AVDC News for the Parishes
- Building Community Resiliance
- Councillor Contact Details
- Donations/Grants for good causes 2017
- Great Horwood Silver Band - website www.greathorwoodband.com
- North Bucks GPs over 75 Team
- Parish Pump
- Ramblers Walk programme Oct 2017 - Jan 2019*
- Speed Watch Report
- Stop Cold Callers
- Thames Valley Police newsletter - Winslow & District
- Thornborough & Coombs Woodlands
- Village Hall bookings - ring Gill on 01296 712165
- Winter Houshold Recycling Centre opening times*
3 Spring Close